What is PBLMT?
Project Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT) is a BC Government aided program providing funding to organizations that offer a combination of onsite training, work experience and follow-up support to eligible individuals.
The purpose of the said initiative is to improve applicants' employability for high-demand positions in their respective professional fields.
As a long-standing driving school in BC, Big Rig is proud to provide aspiring truck drivers with the work experience and support they need to excel in their trucking careers.
Benefits And Certifications
- $638 Living Support for eligible clients
- Class 1 learner’s license, followed by Class 1 Full-privilege license
- Work experience placements with local trucking companies
- Class 1 Melt Declaration Of completion
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Ground)
- Fatigue Management
- North American Cargo Securement
- Pandemic Awareness
To be eligible, a participant must:
- Have set a claim for Employment Insurance (EI), or
- Their EI benefits ended within the preceding 5 years, or
- In five out of the previous ten years, they have paid EI premiums on insurance earnings totalling more than $2,000, or
- Be a BC Employment and Assistance (BCEA) Client
- Be referred by WorkBC Services
- Be at least 19 years of age or older
- Possess a driving record with less than 4 penalty point incidents in the last 2 years and no driving-related criminal convictions within the last 3 years.
- Possess a full-privilege BC Class 5 or 6 driver’s licence or out-of-province equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years of non-learner driving experience
- Have paid off all the penalties and debts to ICBC